The Internet Diaries is a collection of articles and content that I came across upon surfing the web and that I find interesting, thought-provoking, informative, funny and inspiring.
1. Yes I’m a self-confessed introvert. But that doesn’t mean I don’t like to conversate and socialize. People often mistake that we introverts can’t do that
(because we have bad breath) but its not that we can’t, it’s just that we don’t want to. Upon starting working at The Lane Crawford Joyce Group, I’ve been put in a lot of situations like these during events I cover. I always try to make a point to make the most out of these opportunities to make connections and network.
2. There was a time in my life where I just didn’t give a fuck about anything….it lasted for a week. Can “not giving a fuck” actually make your life easier or a better person? Be warned, fuck word count in this article: 112
3. Hilarious! Nailed it on the American Sniper one. The only thing missing in this article are posters of the rest of the Oscar nominees.
4. I’m imagining these galleries replaced with film posters.
5. I usually lose the meaning of the word “commitment”. It doesn’t mean you work hard 20 hours in one day and slack off for the next three days then work 20 hours again. You lose your sense of commitment doing this. For me, it means continue working hard consistently; spending time on your craft 8 hours a day or so (of course you get Sundays off). We tend to lose focus because of distractions, procrastination and whatnot but we have to remind ourselves why we are doing what we do and what do we do it for.
6. Kobe was out for the season and it was a battle between Klay Thompson and James Harden to take Kobe’s starting spot in the All Star Game. James Harden made his case by padding the stats: 33 points, 10 assists, 6 records, 3 steals, 1 block and the vicious game winning shot against the Phoenix Suns. Klay on the other hand scored 52 points, made history by scoring 37 points in the 3rd quarter with no misses! I repeat, with no misses. Perfect 13-13 from the field including 9 from downtown. INSANE! It’s a toss up between the two guards.
7. I’m a huge fan of The Hundreds. From the year 2009 that I discovered them, to this day I own only ONE shirt from them (I hope that will soon change). The founders, Ben and Bobby Hundreds have built a dynasty with their brand; it’s not only about the design of the clothes or the fabric that they use or how many people rep their brand. But also the culture built around it. The Hundreds is doing a superb job in delivering their identity and culture though social media with great YouTube content and an engaging blog that they run. This article will do you good if you are planning to build your brand. I can probably listen to Bobby all day giving advice.
8. Shame starring Michael Fassbender and directed by Steve McQueen back in 2011 was an intriguing film. I believe that the main themes of the film were sex and addiction, but a recent video analysis that I stumbled upon says differently. It’s an interesting take nonetheless but I still believe it’s a film about addiction and the modern metropolis was just a metaphor for it.
Hope you enjoyed these articles. Look forward to the next volume!